Friday, October 19, 2012

HEALING


Its the choices we make that defines us
There used to be a time when we lay side by side
and we couldn’t get our hands off each oda
 now we lay 2geda with our backs up against da wall
maybe because I found someone new
maybe because we lost the seed of love before it grew
I cant beg you to touch me like u used to
Someone else does it better
Besides u wont do it like u used to
I’ve found ways to make it without u
I remember sleeping with tears in my eyes
Every nite with hopes on how I will survive without u
Now im doing way better than I tot I ever would
Again and again, I believed love was simply an art that will fade
With time, I realized its who u love that fades
Things fall apart wen the foundation was never strong
Don’t build a glass house on shaky rocks
It will fall and shatter
Like my heart did with every hit and every curse
That came from u
I was never perfect
Alota things I shoulda kept to myself
My hands, my tots, my happiness, my love
But I shared it all with u
Now I stare deep in ur eyes again and again
Hoping u’d see what I see
A broken spirit healing
Hoping u’d feel what I feel
A broken heart wondering
Loneliness and unhappiness
Are the least of my worries
Not Losing who I am becomes my priority
The possibility of me always being in love with u is slim
Ur memories and ur presence do slow down my healing
But ur a broken dream I don’t wanna hold unto
But ur always here
U never was
When I needed u
u never know how much u can live without someone until u give it a shot
den u'd realize how easy it could be to fall outta love
no matter how deep, how real, how extreme
my love, drowned in the bottom of the sea
my happiness, hanging up in the clouds
but my strength still lives in me
With that, I will love again and be happy again
there was only one way to be with u
which was to love u
but there r a million ways to NOT be with u
u’ve had my heart and my body
but my mind remains mine to control
wld rather hold on to my unforeseen death
than to life with so much bruises n scars
holding unto you is holding unto the cuts and the burns
dat i choose not to do
remember, its the choices we make that defines us


No comments:

Post a Comment