Wednesday, May 5, 2010

PRICE OF “LOVE”




Everyday you breathe with your lungs

While your heart suffers and suffocates

Just like everyday I wear a smile

While my heart breaks and shatters

Time waits for no one

With every sin comes our judgment

And every crime carries penalties

Karma is a must felt penance

One that you and I cannot escape

Why think about the past?

While we still have our future to figure out?

Why walk when I could run?

Why should I pause my life, for you, for what we shared?

What u never knew then, u know now?

That I am my own woman, with my own strength, my own voice, and my own choice

Why walk towards a closed door, knowing there is no entry back into my heart?

Why make wishes when you know that shooting stars is only a fairytale?

You were so blinded by your world

You failed to recognize mine that was next to yours

I watch how depressed you are

I see how your mood changes when I’m around

You say “I’m the radiant to your dark days”

It’s wrong emotions at a wrong time

Because the deed has been done

And the hurt has been felt

And you my love, must know that my life has continued

Now u admit that u did me wrong

Perhaps because you are frightened by loneliness and isolation

Why have a gold and call it bronze?

Why throw away pearls?

Why were you so blinded to see my value?

Honesty and faithfulness I gave

But lies and deceit u returned




Love has a price

Sometimes it’s rewarding

Other times, it’s heartbreaking

Our past was beautiful yet ugly

It was memorable yet forgettable

but quit running back in time

Don’t live to suffer, don’t live to be silent in regret

Feed off from our experiences

You just might be better than you ever thought you could be

As for me, I’ve lost the key to my heart

But I still believe in love

maybe destiny chose me to cry

Maybe God wanted to test my faith

Or maybe I simply need to repair my broken deepest trust

and learn to forgive

No comments:

Post a Comment