Tuesday, April 6, 2010

3000 NIGHTS (and I'm still not over you)

why did you calm my fears only to cause me tears?
why did we stay together? why did you promise me forever?
why did you make me smile? and promise to stay with me more than a while?
why did you always whisper "i love you" everynite in my ears?
was it cos you were not bold enough to yell it out for the world to hear your lies?
You probably knew you were gonna break our love ties
I know these are million questions
You would never be man enough to answer
3000 nights and I am still losing grip
of who I was and who I am
I guess cos I'm a victim of unbearable hurt
Time has been unkind 
Cos I couldn’t leave u behind
Life has been cruel
Cos I let another soul rule 
The best of me
I look in the mirror and I ask myself one question
Will I ever heal from this emotional depression?
3000 nights and I still have the same psycho expression
It’s really a sad impression 
That I let a heartbreaker become my obsession
I’m hoping someone takes this pain away 
I’m hoping someone who truly loves me would stay
I’m hoping for a bright day
For love, is this how high the price one has to pay?


I want back my smile 
It’s been a while 
I’m tired of being hostile
I really need to live a life worthwhile
I’m a hurting mind
Not searching for emotions 
But everywhere I turn to; I feel affections
Though, the choices I choose has so much to lose and so much to gain
To get away from this pain 
I hopped on a plain
and went 3000 miles away
But the hurt I felt 3000 nights ago still remains
How do I get over you?
What makes you so right?
The look in your eyes?
Your beautiful lies?
Or memories of you and I watching the sunrise?
Every night I don’t sleep
Your memories I styll keep
Thoughts of u stack up in a heap
When I think of love; I think of “reap”
Cos thatz what u did to my soul; to my heart 
Damn! You made me weep

I wanna uncry my tears
I wanna undo my fears
I wanna unbreak my heart 
I’m giving my sorrows up but I’m seeking a start
I cried for 3000 days and 3000 nights
3000 nights is enough time to heal
3000 nights is enough time to get real
3000 nights is enough time to reveal 
My emotions for someone new I swore to conceal
why did you take my hand only to leave me halfway?
why did you stay by my side? only to leave and hide?
why did you sweep me away on the waves of emotions and then drown me in unknown oceans?
why were we so strong? it felt so right like it was in my heart you belonged?
why did I not see your lies when I looked in your eyes?
This feeling in my heart can't deny
That our love was unbreakable





In my life, I never made so many wishes
In the sea, they say got so many fishes
But when u see what ur heart desires, it shouldn’t be denied
Within my emotions, I confide
Do I really want u back?
Despite how many times u made my heart crack?
Despite the physical attacks
Are you the one my life truly lacks?
now I say, I shlda, I wlda, I clda never let you come close
Why did I place my life in your hands?
Why did I never investigate your plans?
Why did I always fulfill your demands?
3000 nights I still ask “why did you leave me?”
3000 nights you still live inside me
3000 nights I still remember your words 
3000 thousand nights I still ask questions
3000 nights and I still haven’t gotten answers
3000 nights I realize you’re a loss I can replace but choose not to

No comments:

Post a Comment