Friday, April 9, 2010

THE CHASE...



I got ears but I aint even tryna listen to what they say
I live to make ends meets and smile at whatever makes my day
God knows I ain’t so friendly with everyone that comes my way
Because not everyone wish me well, dey wanna set my life astray
Even a cub knows when it sees it’s prey
It’s not about the simplicity or blamelessness I display
And it’s hightime I recognize dat when I pray
There’s always someone willing to listen, someone willing to stay


My mind, my thoughts
Overclouding my reasoning sometimes
My words, my actions
Portraying the shadow of me most times
Either I cry or I smile
Atleast I try, it’s somehow never worthwhile
Because I still get no one to walk the mile
With me 



Is it really about fate or destiny?
Nothing really defines my life’s meaning
I feel like a screw constantly fucks up my brain
And jams my deeds as fast as a moving train
When I wake up with a million thoughts hacking my mental drain
Is it a curse or a blessing?
To be able to remember every suffering, every pain, every lesson?
Learnt in life
Burnt in love
Hurt in lust
I guess I’d always have doubts
Because thatz what I’m about
Unjust, mistrust, feeling everything in sight in absolute disgust



When I think of riches and fortune
I listen to my favorite tune
And I think of grass to grace
Rags to riches
Thatz exactly how I wanna win this race
With a simple chase
Without wishes


Fuck the pain and the tears
Fuck my hidden fears
They’re all a phase
A part of this chase
They are pieces of d puzzle
Emotions with price tags
Not a part of my hustle
I like to meditate and think mad deep
Fuck the times I weep
It’s simply a part of me
Not all of me
The times I dream
The times I laugh
The times I write
Is what completes this chase?
And by God’s grace
I shall win this unpromising race 



Nk..

No comments:

Post a Comment