Tuesday, April 6, 2010

SLEEPLESS NIGHTS


Only God knows what I’m thinking
When I wake up at night while others are sleeping
When I wipe my eyes cos they’ve been weeping
I cn’t explain why I’d been crying
All along while I was dreaming
And when the sun rise I wonder what exactly I was feeling
Thoughts about walkin away gets depressing
Reasons to love, laugh and live seems stressing
I don't wanna be too desperate for love, for happiness, for life

Troubles here and there
Familiar faces everywhere
But they’re nothing but strangers
Cos dey don’t see my life dangers
Brighten up, try to smile and create myself a better day
I’m sometimes right but most times wrong, they say
I surely need some sorta light to help me find my way
Outta creepy extremely dark nights
Still can’t sleep when I turn off the lights





Why focus on you and your life?

When I gat mine to strive
Why watch the games u play?
When I got no peaceful place to stay?
Who am I to judge u based on how u choose to survive?
When I got my own struggles
My own cross to carry
I got my own fights
Which are causing me wars through these sleepless nights?

Since life has proven to be a battlefield
It brings it’s armies and it’s offence
I choose to have some faith in God as my defence
Damn the weapons and the high guarded fence
I can’t walk outta my life cos it’s mine for keeps
Life’s a gift
A gift from God
Sometimes it hurts, sometimes it burns
But we learn to live, love and laugh again


I don’t live on expectations and promises
Cos I end up in disappointments and hostilities
Should I believe in fairytales and angels?
Should I hang unto fantasy and deny my reality?
Anything to keep these tears from pouring
And to keep these eyes from staying awake
Can I truly live like a walking corpse
With no feelings and no emotions?
How can a body grow old while it’s heart turn cold?
My story is still left untold
But someday it will be, by someone so bold
Bold enough to realize the intensity of the pain I go through during these sleepless nights. 




No comments:

Post a Comment